Jesus Christ told a very religious man in John 3 that he “must be born again.” Religion cannot save and never has saved anyone, only a personal Relationship with Jesus Christ can save a soul from Hell. Being saved is the greatest knowledge a person can have this side of eternity. I hope you will read the following with care. It could be the greatest few minutes that you will ever spend.
To be saved one must realize and believe 5 important things:
1. Realize that God loves you. The Bible says in John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life.”
2. You are a sinner. The Bible says in Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” also in Romans 3:10 “As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one.”
3. Your sin must be paid for. The Bible says in Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
4. Jesus Christ paid for your sin when he died on the cross at Calvary. The Bible says in Romans 5:8 “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
5. You must personally repent and receive Christ, by faith. You must pray and ask God to forgive you of your sin. The Bible says in Romans 10:9 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” and also in Romans 10:13 ” For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
The following is a simple sinner’s prayer that can help guide you as you consider your eternal destination:
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and deserve to go to Hell to pay for my sin, but I believe you love me and that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for my sin. As best as I know how, I repent of my sin and am asking you to forgive me of my sin and take me to Heaven when I die. I believe that Jesus died,was burial, and was risen from the dead for me. Thank you for loving me and providing salvation for me, help me from this point on to live for you. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
If you sincerely prayed this prayer from your heart, we would like to help you in your new faith in Christ. Please contact us and we will be glad to provide you with information and support that will help you grow in your faith. We look forward to hearing from you. The church address is 3105 County Road 1700 East, Rantoul, IL 61866. The church phone number is 217-893-9449.