Jesus Christ told a very religious man in John 3 that he “must be born again.” Religion cannot save and never has saved anyone, only a personal Relationship with Jesus Christ can save a soul from Hell. Being saved is the greatest knowledge a person can have this side of eternity. I hope you will read the following with care, because Jesus Christ can truly give you hope, forgiveness, peace, and redemption.
1. Realize that God loves you. The Bible says in John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life.”
2. Acknowledge that you are a sinner. The Bible says in Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” also in Romans 3:10 “As it is written, ‘There is none righteous, no not one’.”
3. Understand that your sin must be paid for. The Bible says in Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Also in Romans 5:12 “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all me, for that all have sinned.”
4. Believe that Jesus Christ paid for your sin when he died by crucifixion in Jerusalem, Israel approximately A.D. 33 and offers you forgiveness and the gift of eternal life with Him in Heaven. The Bible says in Romans 5:8 “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” After Jesus died for us, his body was placed in a tomb, and then he rose victorious from the dead on the third day.
5. You must personally turn to God and receive Jesus Christ, by faith. You must pray expressing faith in Jesus Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection for you. The Bible says in Romans 10:9 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” and also in Romans 10:13 ” For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Though reading a prayer doesn’t save nor forgive you, the following is a simple sinner’s prayer that can help guide you as you consider your eternal soul and your need for God’s forgiveness:
Dear God, I know that I am a sinner and deserve to go to Hell because of my sin, but I believe you love me and that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for my sin. As best as I know how, I am turning to you, asking you to forgive me of my sin and take me to Heaven when I die. I believe that Jesus died, was burial, and was risen from the dead for me. I receive the gift of eternal life that He offers me. Thank you for loving me and providing salvation for me, help me from this point on to live for you. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
If you sincerely prayed this prayer from your heart and have received God’s gift of forgiveness and eternal life, we would like to help you in your new faith in Christ. Please contact us and we will be glad to provide you with information and support that will help you grow in your faith. We had a discipleship program, called “The Foundations of My Faith” that has helped many develop a deeper understanding of Salvation and a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ. We look forward to hearing from you. The church address is 3105 County Road 1700 East, Rantoul, IL 61866. The church phone number is 217-893-9449.